How To Eat Healthy on a Budget
This video is about how to eat healthy (mostly whole, clean, unprocessed foods) on a budget and stick with the routine! It's more about how than what you should eat, because depending on your preferences, you could eat a variety of different foods and feel great. These are 8 tips I use to keep myself in check and not destroy my wallet =].
1. Buy things that take time to make, and make the rest at home
-I like to buy sprouted grain bread, butter, coconut oil and quality condiments/sauces
-I make things like almond butter, broths (stock), juice and veggie side dishes that I freeze
2. Keep delicious snacks in the house that are healthier than most processed snacks to keep in your routine
-I like 70% dark chocolate, seaweed chips (no canola), almond butter on strawberries (or apples) and pineapple, vanilla and cinnamon "cereal"
3. I buy local conventional if I cannot afford organic, which is usually ridiculously expensive
-Check EWG's Dirty Dozen and Clean 15
4. Make a meal plan!
-This is so important because making a meal plan is the first step to adapting a new lifestyle choice
5. Never let anything go to waste
-I use aging produce to make soups and smoothies in my blender
6. Do some research about the stores and producers in your area. Look for deals and buy in bulk.
-I like to buy produce boxes and meat packs for a cheaper price from places that source their food responsibly
-This also helps you find new foods and try new recipes
7. Prepare meals and put them in the freezer if you're busy and don't have time to always cook elaborate meals, keep a food journal and make lists of what you have in your fridge so nothing gets forgotten
-Frozen food is the next best thing to fresh, the cells rupture but the majority of the nutrition is in tact
8. Get a crock pot and use it!
-I like to throw bay leaves, veggies, honey, mustard, stock, protein, salt and pepper. Simple and always delicious
Gorilla Food Cookbook by Aaron Ash
I used a tapered curling iron on my hair that is 1 inch at the base and .5 inch at the tip, I am not wearing extensions =]
Connect With Me =]